Student Fund-Raising Activities
School-sponsored student fund-raising plans are approved by the Building Principal based on the following stipulations:
- Fund-raising efforts shall not conflict with instructional activities or programs.
- Fund-raising efforts must be voluntary.
- Student safety is paramount and door-to-door solicitations are prohibited.
- For school-sponsored student organizations, a school staff member must supervise the fund-raising activities and the Business Manager must safeguard the student activity funds financial accounts.
- The fund-raising efforts must be to support the organization’s purposes and/or activities, a charitable cause, or the educational experiences of students generally.
- The funds shall be used to the maximum extent possible for the designated purpose.
Only school-sponsored student fundraising is permitted on school grounds during school hours or during any school activity. Only the following organizations may solicit students:
- School-sponsored student organizations; and
- Parent and/or student organizations that are recognized pursuant to policy 8:90, Parent Organizations.
Adopted: March 2, 1998
Revised: July 20, 2009